|KALE SOUP in the Crock Pot! |
Recipe: Brenda McGee (my mom!)
1 bunch of “curly” kale trimmed and torn (chop so it’s just a little bigger than bite size) NOTE: I use organic kale! Kale is on the the EWG list of Dirty Dozen’s for pesticides so I always try to buy it organic.
6-8 cups chicken broth
1 garlic clove, minced
1 med sweet onion, chopped
3 med sweet potatoes (chopped to bite size)
1 coil cooked kielbasa, cut into coin shaped pieces.
Pepper (to taste!)
1. Chop onion and kale and add to pot, then and minced garlic. Kale should be chopped to slightly larger than bite size.
2. Peel and chop sweet potatoes to bite size.
4. Pour chicken broth in crock pot.
5. Add chopped sweet potatoes and chopped kielbasa.
6. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Sprinkle in pepper to taste!
The flavors will marry and it you’ll have a delicious healthy soup the whole family will love!