Need an idea for someone that loves to read? Well, these are just a few of my favorites from this year!
1. The Rational Bible Series by Dennis Prager (My co-host Len and I have been reading this series together and they have been so very eye-opening! If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about the Old Testament, but felt it was too complicated, or hard to understand… this is for you! I couldn’t put it down. I could go on, and on… I have been buying this book as presents for people too because they are just that good. In a nutshell, it’s basically a bible commentary of the Old Testament verse, by verse – but like I’ve never seen before. Oh, and very easy to read and understand. You may have heard Len and I talk about these books on the morning show. We’re both learning so much from them… things from the Old Testament that we never knew before! Genesis and Exodus are both available right now. Leviticus comes out April 1st, 2020!)
2. The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi by Kathie Lee Gifford and Rabbi Jason Sobel (This is one of my all-time favorite books. It was truly eye-opening for me… It’s a very easy read, and you’ll have lots “aha!” moments throughout the book learning so many things from the original Hebrew/Greek text of the Bible. I’m soooo ready to visit Israel now! Kathie Lee has always been a favorite of mine… you’ll love her passion and insight. Rabbi Jason Sobel quickly became one of my favorite pastors after read this book. As a Messianic Jewish Rabbi, he brought the original scriptures to light for me like never before for me. It has opened a passion for me to start studying more of the Torah (Old Testament) in the original Hebrew form.
3. I’ve Been Thinking by Maria Shriver – A friend at work gifted me with this earlier this year. It’s a wonderful book for gifting with short beautiful stories for daily motivation.
4. I Give Up by Laura Story – I interviewed Laura about this book earlier this year… I had no idea the hardships that she and her family have overcome. If you’ve struggled or struggling, this is a wonderful book to give you inspiration and lead you closer to God.
5. Everybody Always by Bob Goff – THIS BOOK! I can’t even tell you in words how much I loved it. Of course, Bob is my all-time favorite author, but really… so many good things in this one.
Please note, this post contains affilate links!