No doubt this season feels a little different and we could all use some Christmas cheer. So, let’s talk about what we CAN do this Christmas season, rather than what we can’t do. Let’s remember Jesus is the reason for the season… and rejoice in all that we do have! And give thanks.
This morning on the morning show on 95.5 The Fish, Len and I asked our listeners to share Christmas activities they’re planning with the family this year despite the changes we’ve had to make. We got a lot of great ideas. I’ve compiled them below and would love to hear your ideas, too!
Christmas Activities to enjoy in 2020
- Christmas Car Ride Scavenger Hunt – Loved this idea. I linked an example from Pinterest for you to see. Grab some cocoa for the car, wear your Christmas jammies if you like, and buckle up for some Christmas lights and fun Christmas scavenger hunt!
- 24 Christmas Books – Wrap 24 Christmas books, or books your kids will love in general and they get to open a book before bed each night to read. You can get the books at thrift store, facebook swap site, or even grab books from the library to wrap up. You don’t have buy all new books.
- Walk or Drive Thru Christmas Lights – We enjoyed the Cleveland Zoo Lights walk through display this year, and also love Bethlehem Hills Drive Through display.
- String Popcorn with the Family – I did this as a kid and remembering loving it. I’m planning on doing this with my daughter while watching a Christmas movie in our pjs. Then we’ll hang on the Christmas tree!!
- Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments – If you’re crafty this a fun one. Lots of ideas on Pinterest. And the kids can also give them away as gifts.
- Watch a Virtual Christmas Concert – We’re planning on watching the Matthew West Christmas concert Dec. 6th! I’ve linked all the details… and it’s FREE! Parkside Church always has an amazing Christmas concert too.. and this year it will be virtual on Dec. 18th!
BONUS!! This one is more for the adults… ok the ladies! But sounds fun. Hallmark Movie Bingo!! Haha enjoy!!