This is a quick an easy weeknight recipe. And a great way to get your veggies.* I made this dish dairy free, using a cashew base cheeses.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze out moisture once shredded in strainer and let set for about 5 min).
- 1/2 tsp salt (I like Himalyan salt)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken (or beef, or turkey meat, your choice!)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix zucchini with eggs, half of parmesan cheese, and half of mozzarella. Place in greased 13×9 baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 min.
While that is cooking, cook chicken, mix peppers in and then add tomato sauce. Once they’re both done, spoon this topping over your casserole and top with remaining cheeses! Bake about 15-20 minutes longer.