Every day during our morning show on 95.5 The Fish, I share a quote… we call them our “Fish Food for Thought”. Throughout the years, I’ve had so many people tell me how much they love them, use them, and want to hear more. I’ve always loved reading quotes for encouragement. I’m always saving good ones when I see them. So, I thought I’d put together a list of some of my favorites for you from over the years. It’s so hard to pick a few… but I hope these inspire you, too!
1. When David faced Goliath he didn’t talk about how dangerous Goliath was, he talked about how great God is! Don’t talk fear, talk faith.
2. You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to. – Good Will Hunting
3. The phrase “do not be afraid” or fear not is written in the Bible 365 times. That’s a daily reminder everyday to live FEARLESS!! Don’t let what you see, make you forgot what God said.
4. If you have time to worry, you have time to pray.
5. I’m grateful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength!
6. A pessimist sees the cup half empty, and optimist is already making a new cup!
7. If you had $86,400 in your bank account and someone stole $10 from you, would you be upset and throw all of the remaining $86,390 away in hopes of getting back at the person who took your $10? Or move on and live? Right, move on and live. See, we all have 86,400 seconds each day. Don’t let someone’s negative 10 seconds ruin the remaining 86,390. Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is bigger than that.
8. Be an encourager, the world has plenty of critics already. – Bob Goff
9. Remember the ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
10. We love others best when we love God most. – Kyle Idlemen
11. If we only love people who love us back, we make our faith look like a negotiation. – Bob Goff
12. Let’s be known for what we are for, rather than what we are against. – Lisa Bevere
13. When I’m worried it’s usally because I’m trying to do everything myself. When I’m at peace it’s usually because God is in control. – Dave Willis
14. When you make a mistake, put it behind you. Make it an O.L.D. mistake 1. Own it 2. Learn from it. 3. Don’t repeat it. -Jim Kwik
15. Job dealt with depression, Martha dealth with anxiety, Jonah dealt with fear, Moses dealt with insecurity, David dealt with pride… Everybody’s human, everybody needs Jesus. – Jarrid Wilson
16. If no one feels comfortable criticizing you, the likelihood that you will be better tomorrow is most probably nonexistent. -Joseph Telushkin
17. If you don’t have anything nice to say, you’re not thinking hard enough. – Kid President
18. One day Paul was killing christians. The next day he was one. One day Peter was a fisherman, the next day he was a fisher of men. Don’t judge someone on any ONE day. With God all things are possible! He can create a new heart in one.
19. Hate has 4 letters, so does love. Enemies has 7 letters, so does friends. Lying has 5 letters, so does truth. Hurt has 4 letters, so does heal. It means life is a double edged sword, so transform your negative side into a postive one. We should choose the better side of life.
20. Perspective is King. Fire can burn your house down, or it can cook you dinner each night.
21. We tend to forget baby steps still move us forward.
22. We should love ourselves instead of loving the idea of other people loving us! (This is kinda a deep, reminds me of Galatians 1:10 with regard of winning approval by man).
23. Pray as though everything depends on God, work as though everything depends on you. St. Augustine
24. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses. – Abraham Lincoln
25. The attitude you have as a parent is the attitude your kids will learn from, more than what you tell them. They don’t remember what you try and teach them. They remember what you are. – Jim Henson
What is your favorite inspirational quote? I’d love to hear your favorite one from my list or yours!